Friday, October 21, 2016

September 29, 2016

Status Update on my HVC, this is what I shared with my support groups, when I got home from my doctors appointment. Needless to say I'm grateful beyond any expectations.

Hello group, I want to share some good news!
After 13 years of being diagnosed with Hep-C , two treatments, first one, a protocol on 2012, with Interferon, Ribavirin and Sovaldi (before approval) and the last one with Harvoni, which I started on Dec 29, 2015 and ended on June 14, I finally received my 36 week test results and I’M FREE of the Hep-C virus. It was a great relieve to hear my Dr. say “you are cured” and I’m forever grateful. I still have to deal with a compensated Cirrhotic Liver (F4) and the pain and discomfort associated with it, but it is something that I have learned to cope with, one the other hand the Fibro Scan showed the Liver Stiffness Score at 24.2, down from 32.4 from a year ago. 


I’m undetectable on my HIV labs and my T-cells are 229, it has taken over 8 years to get them above 200, I believe they will continue to go up now that my immune system is fighting one less virus. So I am extremely grateful for all the results to my Higher Power, life, my soon to be 23 years of sobriety and this group. Aside from my introduction last year, I never said much about my health and I wanted to share this with HIV Long Term Survivors and HIV 50 + Strong and Healthy and other groups. Reading everyone’s postings have given the strength and willingness to keep on. THANK YOU AND BLESSINGS TO ALL!

No comments:

Post a Comment